Questions are incredibly powerful in learning and especially in leading. One of my favorite guys, Bobb Biehl, is a master at asking questions. He is also a collector of questions – these questions have become some of his most important tools in his consulting and coaching practice.
One of the areas I have been receiving coaching on is in the area of asking good questions. So, I was excited when I read a guest post by Michael Smith on Michael Hyatt’s blog on “20 Questions to Ask Other Leaders“. Great post. Listed below are some of the questions – click here to read the entire article – it is well worth your time.
1. Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you as a leader? Maybe someone who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
2. What are the most important decisions you make as a leader of your organization?
4. How do you encourage creative thinking within your organization?
7. How do you or other leaders in your organization communicate the “core values”?
9. Do you set aside specific times to cast vision to your employees and other leaders?
10. How do you ensure your organization and its activities are aligned with your “core values”?
13. What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
14. What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
16. What is the one behavior or trait that you have seen derail more leaders’ careers?
19. What advice would you give someone going into a leadership position for the first time?
20. What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
Some great questions to ask other leaders to help you grow.
What questions do you use to learn from other leaders?
Have a great weekend!