I have been talking to people to pin down the top books they would consider core to any leadership development process.
Following are some that I have come to value highly:
1. The Bible is foundational of course
2. Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders
3. Leadership as an Identity by Crawford Lorritts
4. Most of Peter Drucker’s works
5. Most of Patrick Lencioni’s books
6. Good to Great by Jim Collins
7. The Leadership Challenge by Kouzes & Posner
8. Built to Serve by Dan Sanders
9. Servant Leadership by Robert Greenleaf
10. Execution by Bossidy & Charan
11. Linchpin by Seth Godin
12. Switch by Chip & Dan HEath
Those are just a few of the books I would include.
What books would you consider key for a developing leader to read? I would appreciate your advice.