They also have a 2010 book out – A Coach’s Guide to Developing Exemplary Leaders that is excellent.
In that book they list The Ten Commitments of Leadership that are excellent in my opinion.
The Ten Commitments are grouped under five major headings
Model the Way
1. Clarify values by finding your voice and affirming shared ideals.
2. Set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Inspire a Shared Vision
3. Envision the future by imaging exciting and ennobling possibilities.
4. Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
Challenge the Process
5. Search for opportunities by seizing the initiative and by looking outward for innovative ways to improve.
6. Experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from experience.
Enable Others to Act
7. Foster collaboration by building trust and facilitating relationships.
8. Strengthen others by increasing self-determination and developing competence.
Encourage the Heart
9. Recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence.
10. Celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community.
A great list. I would add one thing from The Way of the Shepherd – you must have the heart of a shepherd towards those you lead. Leadership is a lifestyle.