Looking forward to a great day today. Being a Southern boy living in southwest Michigan, I am more than ready for some warm weather.
Question for you – what is your leadership philosophy? Do you have it written down? Can you give a three minute “elevator” speech that adequately describes your philosophy?
Following are some questions from Kouzes and Posner that might help you:
1. What are your top three defining values?
2. As a leader, how would you like to be remembered?
3. Imagine it is 5 or 10 years from now – what leadership legacy have you created?
4. How do you currently describe your leadership philosophy?
5. How would your day-to-day work change if everyone in your department knew exactly how to define your leadership philosophy?
Take some time one day to actually sit down and define your philosophy. The clarity it brings will be a blessing to you as well as those you lead.