Energy management (personal energy that is) is a very important aspect of a healthy life for all of us, but especially for those called to lead others. This morning I came across a great article by Joe Thorn on his blog site.
Following is a brief excerpt from his post. I would recommend taking the time to read his entire post.
Following are ten things he did to rebuild for himself a healthy schedule – it is good advice.
1. Establish roles, priorities and goals.
2. Let some things go.
3. Schedule everything.
4. Create boundaries.
5. Turn off my cell phone when I’m with the fam/wife.
6. Kill social media updates and notifications.
7. Organize and manage my email.
8. Get feedback and input on new schedule/boundaries from wife, coach and elders.
9. Give it time.
10. Anticipate surprises/interruptions.
Managing your time is critical to long lasting effectiveness – you are the steward of your time, so use it well.