Measuring success in a non-profit / ministry is difficult at best as our “product” is a transformed life. At Life Action, our Executive DIrector has listed eight qualities that he considers key for determining how we are doing. These qualities are drawn from 1 Thessalonians. He feels the degree that our staff embodies these qualities is the degree that we can claim success. Here they are:
1. Perseverance: Do we let tough times stop us or deter us from our mission?
2. Integrity: Do we minister with full transparency?
3. Motive: Do we concern ourselves most with what pleases God?
4. Love: Are we authentic in our care for and ministry to people?
5. Diligence: Do we work hard without being a burden to God’s people?
6. Gospel: Do we fully rely on the Word of God and the power of the Gospel?
7. Fruit: Is there the fruit of changed lives and are they sufficient reward for us?
8. Prayer: Do we serve with a spirit of thanksgiving and prayer?
Just some thoughts for you.