Good morning! I am beginning a new book today that looks promising. It is John Maxwell’s The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth.
- Intentionality: Growth doesn’t just happen.
- Awareness: You must know yourself to grow yourself.
- Mirror: You must see value in yourself to add value to yourself.
- Reflection: Learning to pause allows growth to catch up with you.
- Consistency: Motivation gets you going – discipline keeps you growing.
- Environment: Growth thrives in conducive surroundings.
- Design: To maximize growth, develop strategies.
- Pain: Good management of bad experiences leads to great growth.
- Ladder: Character growth determines the height of your personal growth.
- Rubber Band: Growth stops when you lose the tension between where you are and where you could be.
- Trade-offs: You have to give up to grow up.
- Curiosity: Growth is stimulated by asking Why?
- Modeling: It’s hard to improve when you have no one but yourself to follow.
- Expansion: Growth always increase your capacity.
- Contribution: Growing yourself enables you to grow others.
Looks interesting! Just reading the chapter titles is instructive. I will keep you updated as I make my way through the book.