Good morning. Great day yesterday with the Senior Leadership Team of Life Action Ministries. A great team and a great ministry!
Do you have any regrets in regards to your vocational life? Have you made decisions for the right reasons?
According to this Harvard Business Review online article, there are five main regrets that people have in regards to their careers:
1. I wish I hadn’t taken the job for the money. – Money is actually only a hygiene factor and not a true motivator. For true job satisfaction, do something that matters to you and that makes a difference.
2. I wish I had quit earlier. – If you are not passionate about what you are doing, then find that passion and pursue it. Sooner rather than later.
3. I wish I had the confidence to start my own business. – If you truly desire to do this and are willing to work really hard, then learn it, gather great advisers around you and go do it.
4. I wish I had used my time at school more productively. – Self explanatory!
5. I wish I had acted on my career hunches. – Most of the time, it is fear that keeps us from acting on unexpected opportunities in our lives. Don’t let fear hinder you growth and development.
So, what are your regrets in regards to your vocational choices?
Have a great Wednesday!