“Overworking is really only possible if you are not having fun at work. By the same token, any amount of work will be dull if you are not engaged, or if you find your work unfulfilling.
Maybe it’s time to redefine the work-life balance — or at least stop thinking about it. Here are some considerations:
– Hard work may be your most important career weapon.
– Engagement is the difference between the bright and the dark side of workaholism.
– Technology has not ruined your work-life balance, it has simply exposed how boring your work and your life used to be.
– People who have jobs, rather than careers, worry about work-life balance because they are unable to have fun at work.
– Complaining about your poor work-life balance is a self-indulgent act.”
I am not sure I am in complete agreement with his conclusions, but they do make you think.
What are your thoughts on his article? What are your thoughts on the whole work-life balance topic?