Just read an interesting article on Inc.com about meeting deadlines. The article is entitled “Elon Musk’s New Genius Way to Make Yourself Meet Deadlines“. An interesting article and I found the following from the article to be quite useful:
Getting projects done on time is often tricky, with the following factors frequently playing big roles:
– People overestimate their own abilities.
– They overestimate the capacities of the people they work with and the systems they use.
– There’s inadequate allowance for outside conditions that could affect the project, which means planning is short-sighted.
– There’s no plan B.
– People fail to budget enough resources to get the work done.
– Those involved don’t take the deadlines seriously enough.
– Failure to meet deadlines lacks significant consequences.