We have all read and heard about the importance of taking time to reflect on our day so that we may learn from the day. However, some of us struggle to do so without some type of framework to guide us through that reflection in a productive manner.
Following are the highlights of a framework that many some of the leaders that I coach have found to be helpful and it is an adaptation of the Daily Examen.
“Some questions you might ask yourself:
- From your perspective as a manager, what was the high point of the day?
- The low point of the day”…Again, look for reasons and patterns.
- When were you working at your best during the day?
- When did you struggle to stay focused and engaged?
- How hectic was the day?
- Think about each of your direct reports. Imagine how he/she might have pictured interacting with you.
- Look toward tomorrow.”
Go to http://bit.ly/2NgHEso to read the article and to see the model in full.
Hope it is a great day for you!