Archives For Blogging
Good morning – beautiful morning here, but the weatherman says we have another winter storm (in the spring??) coming our way Sunday. Oh well.
Here are the highlights:
- Start with the headline.
- Write a great lead paragraph.
- Use a relevant image.
- Tell a personal story.
- Make your content scannable.
- Invite others into the conversation.
Check out Michael’s blog – it is a good one!
Good morning! As I mentioned previously, I am trying to get back into a regular blogging rhythm, but it has been a challenge. because of time, I just hit a wall trying to be creative and write something that might benefit you. So as I was strolling through the web world, I came across an article by Inc. that was helpful for me. I also realized that you might at times encounter a creative block.
So here are the 10 tips from the article – click here to read the full article. A quick read and worth your time if you, like me, struggle at times with a creative block.
1. Keep a Journal.
2. Search your environment for inspiration.
3. Question everything. Ask how, why and what’s missing.
4. Turn problems around.
5. Combine random elements.
6. Recruit a partner.
7. Read something totally different than usual.
8. Tolerate failure.
9. Listen to your “inner child”. In other words – dream big!
10. Relax your mind.
Some interesting suggestions and some better than others. Some of the suggestions remind me of the book Thinkertoys. This is a great book that helps you to deal creatively with challenges.
Hope you have a blessed day today!
Here is one of the quotes:
10. “On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar. “
“The headline or title of your blog post is the most effective way to get people to read the rest of your post. If you don’t understand—and more importantly, implement—this principle, you’re going to miss out on a lot of readers.”
Have a blessed day! We are snowed in up here in SW Michigan, so enjoying a snow day reading.